


So, it's been a month now since I last wrote in my blog. I havn't had much time, but I have really wanted to write. I was first waiting till I had pictures of Matt's accident. I finally got the pictures, and they are on my email, but I don't know how to move them to my blog. I'm sure I will figure it out. So, Ya, Matt got in an accident. He was coming off East bound I-80 with a yellow light when a car going south ran a red light. He was going slow enough that when he hit into the side of her and the air bags went off they didn't even touch him. In fact the car sill ran great, no leaking fluids or anything. The frame was, however bent and the car was totalled. I remember that morning. It was a Saturday and Matt had to work. He and I were up really late the night before, which is normal. He got up about 6:30 and got ready for work. Before he left he came and woke me up to say goodbye and to say a prayer with me. It was my turn. I really was asleep, so I just went through the motions, "Thank you for the good night sleep, please be with Daniel ( Matt's missionary brother)." Etc. Before I closed the prayer though, I felt very strongly that I should pray that the Lord would portect my family. I felt that very strongly and I really meant it. Twenty minutes later when Matt called me and told me that he was in an accident and that he was okay, I was really greatful for that prompting. When I got to the accident I saw the condition of the vehicles and was even mmore grateful for the Lord and how He takes care of my family. If Matt had arived in that intersection just a split second earlier that woman would have hit into the side of him, instead of him hitting into the side of her. Cavaliers are know for thier poor safety rating. Generally a hit from the front is not so bad, but from the side can be fatal. She could have hit right into him, his door. She was going about 45 mph. That could have hurt him really bad, if not killed him. I'm so gratful that he was okay. The woman he hit was also okay. She was very nice and insistant that she was at fault, which was amazing. There were two witnesses who said that Matt ran the red light. The woman insisted to the officer that as she went through the light she looked up and say the red light. I am so grateful to her for that statement. I'm sure Matt would have lost his license over this. His record is really bad right now. One more ticket and it will be suspended. I pray that he will learn to drive more defencively. This is the third car in about 18 months. We got a good one I think. It's a 2002 Saturn. I found it for $2900. It has a salvage title, but it came with a 1 year warrenty. It only took us going without a car for two weeks. What a pain that was. I felt like a cab driver. I was all over the place all day long. I was grateful for the brake today. Except, of course I babysat tonight. I was all alone with 11 kids 7 and younger. Whew! glad that's over. It wasn't too bad really. At least Paul didn't poop in his bed tonight, or flood the bathroom, or even have an accident himself. He was so good tonight. When he's good, I'm good. I love my family.
1 comment:
Man, that sucks!! I'm so sorry about the accident. I like your new car though. :)
Post a Comment